Visitors this week

Friday, June 15, 2012

So Who am I?

Do you ever struggle with self-doubt?  I believe that even the most confident person has moments of self-doubt (unless they are either delusional or totally self actuated)!

I don't consider myself a risk taker, but I am an opportunity taker.  If I am given an opening, I will "go for it" just about every time.  And why not?  In 100 years, will anyone even know if I risked and failed, or missed the mark?  Am I really all that?

I think we both inflate our own importance and minimize our own potential.  We are too shy or embarrassed or lack the confidence to think we can and should be happy and successful and accomplished, and that puts more importance on our individual selves than is probably healthy.  And yet, we also forget that we are part of an organism, of a greater creation, that needs each individual entity functioning at optimal capacity in order to be healthy.  So, we are both a small cog and part of a great machinery.

As I anticipate the publication of a book in July, and another in August or September, write my doctoral dissertation, begin another book for publication in August 2013, step into certified professional coaching, continue growing a unique and wonderful community of faith, see my changing role as a parent of two adults rather than two children, and dream of all my future may hold, I am not immune to that nagging self-doubt, that fear of failure or ridicule.  After all, who am I? 

Well, isn't that just the bottom line, the heart of the matter?  Who am I?

I am, like all of you, created in the image of God, filled with God's own spirit, bold and timid, hopeful and conflicted, eager and wary.  But in those moments when I see the door open, and I catch a glimpse of who I really am and what can be if I am only willing to seize the ring, I am filled with gratitude at the opportunities that the universe provides, and ready to jump, head long and with a shout of joy, into life.  And I hope you will too.

Ready?  Set.  Go!

Teresa

www.stresslesspreaching.com

No comments: