Visitors this week

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Prayer for Lent

I wrote this for our service a few weeks ago, and several of you have asked for a copy.  I hope it brings you peace.

God, in the stillness of this moment, I allow myself to feel your healing presence. 
I allow myself to feel your holy energy surrounding me like a familiar blanket, soft, warm, and safe. 
In this moment, I release my fear, my worry, my anger, and any negative emotion I may be feeling.
Enfolded in your power, I relax into your goodness, your light, and I rest here for as long as I need.
I open my heart to your renewing love.
I open my heart to forgiveness.
I open my heart to receive love from others.
And in this moment, I see myself as you see me...a beautiful and  perfect child of the Universe.
My life is your gift to me.  The way I choose to live it is my gift to you. 
As I make this journey through Lent, show me a clear path to you.
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The Reverend Teresa Angle-Young (Feb. 2012)

No comments: